Alright so apparently January 17th is THE day that most people quit their New Year’s Resolutions. If you were one of those individuals, who said that once you fell off the horse you couldn’t get back on? You were just 4 days away from making exercising and eating healthy a HABIT.
No worries, you know I ALWAYS have your back. I am hosting a 21 day challenge featuring an awesome new program by Beachbody called the 21 Day Fix. This program is going to help you reach day 21 so that this healthy living thing becomes part of your life and not just something you do after the holidays.
21 Day Fix is THE fitness and nutrition program to help you lose up to 15 pounds in 21 days. Each workout is approximately 30 minutes a day, 7 days a week. The unique nutrition plan uses specifically portioned food storage containers that eliminate the guesswork from portion control – no weighing, measuring, or counting calories, carbs or points. If it fits in the container, you can eat it. And you’ll lose weight. When eaten in the right quantities, there are no foods that are off limits.
I know you all probably have a million and 1 questions regarding what the 21 Day Fix involves and if its right for you so I put together some Frequently Asked Questions for you as well as a video, because I wouldn’t be me if I didn’t have a video to go along with my blog post.
21 Day Fix FAQ
1. How much will the 21 Day Fix Cost? The 21 Day Fix will start out at $58.85 for the Base Kit, and the Challenge Pack will only be $140!! That’s like paying $10 for the 21 Day Fix Base Kit when you buy Shakeology. Sign up for an email reminder to order before it sells out on the 3rd the challenge pack will go up to $160 after February 28, 2014.
2. What is included? In the Basic 21 Day Fix: You will receive 7 workouts on 2 DVDs Dirty 30 workout, Total Body Cardio Fix, Upper Fix, Lower Fix, Pilates Fix, Cardio Fix, Yoga Fix. Plus the nutrition guide with 7 containers that are essential to following the plan. You will also get a workout calendar, 3-day Quick Fix that Autumn uses for photoshoots, an eating plan, and 24/7 Online support, and a shaker cup. In the Challenge Pack: Everything above plus a 30 day supply of Shakeology in any flavor. You can have Shakeology on the meal plan. In the Ultimate 21 Day Fix: Everything listed above, plus an insulated bag, and 2 workouts: Flat Abs Fix and Barre Legs. You’ll also receive 1 Pro-Grade Resistance Band (15lbs) and a large on-the-go container.
3. What does the nutrition plan look like? The nutrition plan was one of the easiest things I have ever done. No food was off limits because everything was in moderation. The food was easy to shop for, prep, and eat. I never ate anything I didn’t like while on the 21 Day Fix, and I am a picky eater. You are allowed Shakeology. When you order the 21 Day Fix, you receive portioned food storage containers that are measured out for the perfect portion. You don’t have to count calories, macros, or anything. It’s planned out all by containers. The containers are easy to carry with you, and they are microwave and dishwasher safe!
4. Can I modify meal plans for my needs (vegan, vegetarian, breast feeding, etc)? Yes, yes, and yes. The meal plan can be adapted to meet your needs, and there are directions on how to do so included with the materials you’ll receive when you order the 21 Day Fix.
5. Can I have a cheat meal? You just don’t want to stuff your face. You can have a treat a few times week, and she does break down how to include for something like pizza or lasagna.
6. What results can I expect? People generally lose 10-15lbs!! It isn’t a starvation or quick-fix type of program either. You can lose 10-15lbs and keep it off when you practice the healthy habits you learn in those 21 days.
7. What are the workouts like? They are 30 minutes long and vary daily. Autumn Calabrese is the trainer, and the set is very light and fun. Each workout is intense and necessary to your results. Two of the things I loved about the 21 Day Fix is 1) Autumn is a stickler for proper form to help you get the most out of every move and not risk an injury, and 2) the modifications are awesome. She is very specific about how to modify moves, and there is a modifier in every workout. She is working too…I hate it when they are over there all perfect and barely breaking a sweat. The modifier is giving it her all, and I loved that.
8. What equipment will I need? You’ll need a set of dumbbells or a resistance band. I suggest dumbbells over bands though. Bands are not always used. I started with a set of 5 lb weights and 10 lb weights.
9. Can I do the 21 Day Fix over 21 Days? Definitely!! I think it should be! The behaviors learned in the 21 days should become habits you can continue as a healthy lifestyle, and that is why the program is 21 days — not because it’s too extreme.
10. Is it like the Reset? Nope. The only similarity they have is that both are 21 days. It is nothing like the Reset. I like this program better than the Reset for most people.
11. Who is the 21 Day Fix for? Honestly — anyone, and I don’t say that about any other workout so I’m serious and genuine when I say anyone can benefit from the 21 Day Fix. The meal plan is flexible enough and there are enough modifications a beginner, even a beginner that is obese, could do this workout with their doctor’s consent. Someone at an intermediate level will love this program because it offers a challenge without wanting to quit, and even an advanced exerciser can benefit from the 21 Day Fix. It is also great for men or women. So it isn’t a girls-only program by any means.